Saturday, August 4, 2007

My childhood

My mother is a high-school teacher......so i had spent the early years of my life in my "mamarbari"...with my grandfather(dadu), grandmother(dida), my aunts(buku, buru.....since evrybody else called them by their names...i also used to call them by their names....n even now....that has nt changed....)...& my uncle(chhotomama)....my mother being the eldest sister, I was the 1st child of this new generation...as it always is in such cases, i was the the centre of all attraction....i loved my aunts more than my mother....they meant the world to me....& so did I to them.....my dida, chhotomama, buku, buru---everyone claimed that i loved him/her the most....

















thats my mother( extreme right), buru, buku(extreme left)& me(5 yrs old) at the centre


It had been such a lovely experience.when I was 3 yrs, I was admitted to south point school...in the morning .i went to school from home(it was at beckbagan near park circus.....it still is)....n returned after school to mamarbari...usually either buku or buru & at times, dadu would bring me from school...& i when i returnred i was bound to see the entire house waiting at the door to receive me.....i ate n drank all the good food n drinks in the world they could find for me.....played with them....watched TV n then would go in for a nice little nap....at times, buku would make sure whether i was sleeping n then try to go out shopping......&!!!!!!.....i donno how i would always wake up n start shouting to her to take me along...buru taught me to paint & draw & i still remember filling the SUNDAY GRAPPHITI picture with colours sitting before her....chhotomama was there with his never-ending stock of stories....mostly ghost stories....& its from him that i hav developed a gr888 liking for ghosts........(nnnnaaaaa.....i don mean i would like to meet a ghost)....at times when my mother would delay coming to mamarbariin the afternoon to pick me up(her school was near that place), dadu would take me n have a stroll in the street with such sweet n self-composed little poems

"choti paaye diya dekhi,

rijur maaye aashe naki !! "















thats my dadu, dida, & chhotomama

No comments: